What is the Airside App?
How do I use the Airside App?
- Download the Airside Digital Identity App for free from the Apple App Store onto a mobile device with ≥14.0 or the Google Play Store onto a mobile device with Android ≥8.0 (API level 26). Android devices must also have NFC capability.
- Open the app and create an account using your email address. Check your email inbox for a verification code to confirm your email address. Your account will be encrypted using TouchID, FaceID, or your device PIN.
- Select the Documents tab to take your selfie, then add and verify your passport and/or driver's license.
- Select the Services tab and determine how you’d like to use your digital ID. Services available: American Airlines Mobile ID for use at TSA PreCheck® and the Admirals Club®; notabot by IDPartner, which verifies your identity for Twitter; and the Health Pass Service for your COVID-19 Vaccination Record (iOS only).
- Select the Activities tab to keep track of how your information is shared and revoke access at any time.
How much does the Airside App cost?
Do I have to be connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network to use the app?
What kinds of documents can I add to the app?
You can add a passport issued from any country as long as the passport has not expired and has an electronic NFC chip, as identified by an e-Passport gold square symbol on the front cover, located under the country of origin.
The Airside App can also be used to verify and add a U.S. driver’s license. Please note that the following states do not participate in this type of digital verification — AK, CA, LA, MN, NH, NY, OK, PA, SC, UT. Driver’s licenses from these states will fail to be verified and enrolled in the app. In this case, we suggest you add your passport.
Other documents that may be added to the app include selfies and, for iOS devices, images of COVID-19 vaccination record cards.
Why do I need to take a selfie?
Your selfie is required as part of the verification measures performed on your ID.
How do I add a passport?
Make sure your passport has not expired and confirm that it is an e-Passport, which has a readable electronic NFC chip. E-Passports are identified by a gold square symbol on the front cover, located under the country of origin. If it isn't an e-Passport, it cannot be enrolled on the app.
Next, check your mobile device Settings to allow the app access to the camera and NFC chip reader.
How to add a passport:
- Find a stable, well-lit environment to avoid distortion or glare on the passport.
- Remove any external covers or holders from your passport.
- Open the app and tap the Documents tab from the bottom navigation bar, then select Passport.
- Using the camera, align the MRZ (Machine-Readable Zone) code at the bottom of the passport in the drawn field on the app and tap Start MRZ Scanner. When the code is captured, you will automatically be directed to the NFC chip reader instructions.
- Keeping your passport open, place your phone flat against the photo page. Move your phone slowly until the chip has been located. Sometimes the chip may be found inside the back cover.
- Review the information on the consent form and tap I Consent; your passport is now being verified. When completed, tap Continue.
- Your passport information is now located under the Documents tab.
How do I add a driver’s license?
Note: The Airside App only verifies U.S. driver’s licenses against data from the issuing agency. The following states do not participate in this type of digital verification — AK, CA, LA, MN, NH, NY, OK, PA, SC, UT. Driver’s licenses from these states will fail to be verified and enrolled in the app. In this case, we suggest you add your passport.
How to add a driver’s license:
- Find a stable, well-lit environment to avoid distortion or glare on the driver’s license.
- Select the Documents tab from the bottom navigation bar, then select Driver's License.
- Place your driver’s license on a flat surface and avoid glare.
- Take a photo of the front, then the back.
- Review the information on the consent form and tap I Consent.
- Once your document is verified, tap Continue. Your driver's license is now enrolled on the app.
Why didn’t the app verify my driver’s license?
Depending on which biographic and biometric attributes were collected and are contained in the driver’s license issued by the state, it may not be possible to digitally validate and verify its credentials.
Additionally, if you are trying to enroll your driver’s license issued by one of the following states, it will not work: AK, CA, LA, MN, NH, NY, OK, PA, SC, UT. In this case, we suggest you add your passport.
How can I manage my IDs and selfie?
- iOS: Tap Take New Selfie then Take a selfie, and your camera will open to allow you to retake your selfie.
- Android: Tap Delete Selfie, then Delete, then tap the camera icon to retake your selfie.
What if I deleted my IDs?
No worries. You can enroll your ID again. Please know that any consents linked to a deleted ID are automatically revoked and will no longer be active. To use the services on the app, you will need to add your IDs again.
Does the app replace my physical IDs?
No, the Airside Digital Identity App is not a replacement for your physical IDs. The digital version of your passport and driver's license on the app is a convenient and secure companion to your physical document, which can be used to unlock many services requiring ID verification.
What is the document scanner?
The document scanner helps save time and reduce error when adding an ID on the app. Instead of manually entering the information from the ID, the scanner quickly and accurately captures the information needed for verification and automatically fills in the data fields. Use the document scanner in a stable, well-lit environment and avoid reflection.
What is the NFC chip reader?
Near field communication (NFC) is a secure, touchless technology that allows two devices to talk to each other when they’re close together.
When adding a passport to the app, you’ll first use the document scanner to capture your biographic information from the machine-readable zone (MRZ) code located at the bottom of the personal data page. Then, you’ll use the NFC chip reader to validate that biographic data and compare the biometric photo on your passport to your selfie on the app.
Keep your passport open and place your phone flat against the photo page. Move your phone slowly until the chip has been located. NFC microchips and antennas in passports vary and may sometimes be located inside the back cover. Microchips can also be damaged, making them unreadable by a device
Can I access my Airside App from separate mobile devices?
Can I use the app for multiple people?
No. At this time, IDs can only be enrolled on the app for one person.
Do I need to be a U.S. citizen to use the app?
Is there an age restriction for using the app?
How do I change my PIN?
What is a share consent?
How exactly is my personal information shared?
Specifically, the consent process allows you to review the following conditions before, during and after the time your information is shared:
- What kinds of identified personal information is shared for the selected service;
- Which organization may access personal info and for what purpose;
- How long your personal info is shared and when it will expire;
- How your personal info is encrypted in storage and throughout transactions; and
- How you may revoke your consent to share.
What happens to my information after the share consent has expired?
Can I renew an expired share consent?
How does Airside work with RushMyPassport?
Airside and Expedited Travel have partnered to create a combined service offering of the Airside Digital Identity App and RushMyPassport online passport renewal application.
Users of the Airside app will receive an in-app notification about their passport at three times: (1) when their passport is within nine months of the expiration date, (2) when their passport is within one month of the expiration date, and (3) on the day it has expired. Specifically, U.S. passport holders will be given the opportunity to quickly redirect from the Airside app to the RushMyPassport website to renew their passport by completing the administrative work digitally, without an in-person visit to a passport office or enrollment center.
How is the app secure?
Will you tell me more about my data privacy and security?
Absolutely. There has never been a time when the integrity and privacy of digital identity were more important. We believe your control of your personal information is a fundamental right and you can do so easily using our services. We promise the highest levels of security to keep your information safe and commit to only using your information for the purpose(s) to which you have agreed in the consent process.
Specifically, the Airside App uses your Touch ID, Face ID, or device PIN, which are stored on your device keychain. That means you don't need to remember an app-specific PIN or password and that you are the key to unlocking your personal information. After you give consent to share your personal information, it is transported via end-to-end encryption protocols.
Who developed the Airside App?
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in the Washington D.C. area, Airside committed from the start that data privacy is a human right. We build secure and convenient digital identity technology in a way that protects personal information and meets privacy regulations around the world.
Our unique architecture led to a partnership with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and Airports Council International-North America (ACI-NA), and the launch of the Mobile Passport App in 2014. Airside’s Mobile Passport was trusted by over 10 million people at over 30 U.S. airports and cruise ports as a secure, touchless solution for travelers to save time and gain peace-of-mind during the customs inspection process.
Airside’s larger privacy network is the first of its kind and keeps privacy-by-design and leading-edge security as its guiding principles for use by individuals and businesses alike. Individuals are empowered by controlling their personal information with transparent consent protocols on their encrypted device, and businesses protect against fraud and ensure a duty-of-care by managing only the information necessary for a variety of experiences. Strong encryption technology using innovative, decentralized architecture keeps information safe, eliminating any source verification database that can be accessed or used by Airside.
Who can I contact for support with the app?
American Airlines Mobile ID Services
What are the American Airlines Mobile ID services?
Who can use the American Airlines Mobile ID services?
For use at TSA PreCheck®, you must be an American Airlines AAdvantage® member with TSA PreCheck®. You will be required to link your Airside and AAdvantage® accounts to use this service.
For use at the Admirals Club®, you must be an American Airlines AAdvantage® member. You will be required to enter your AAdvantage® member number on the Airside App to use this service.
Both services allow a mobile ID to be created on the Airside App using a U.S. passport or driver’s license from states that are part of the AAMVA DLDV program. Driver’s licenses from the following states are not eligible - AK, CA, LA, MN, NH, NY, OK, PA, SC, UT. Travelers with IDs from these states should use their U.S. passport for creating a mobile ID.
When should I create my American Airlines Mobile ID?
What documents can I use to create an American Airlines Mobile ID?
For use at TSA PreCheck®, you must enroll a U.S. e-passport or U.S. driver’s license from states that are part of the AAMVA DLDV program. Driver’s licenses from the following states are not eligible: AK, CA, LA, MN, NH, NY, OK, PA, SC, UT.
For use at the Admirals Club®, you must enroll any e-passport or U.S. driver’s license from states that are part of the AAMVA DLDV program. Driver’s licenses from the following states are not eligible: AK, CA, LA, MN, NH, NY, OK, PA, SC, UT.
Can I use this service to self-check my luggage at the airport?
What is the American Airlines Mobile ID for TSA PreCheck®?
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is integrating new CAT-2 digital ID technology at various airport checkpoints around the United States. This service makes it easy for travelers to process through the TSA checkpoint using only their smartphone and face rather than presenting a physical ID and boarding pass.
Your journey starts with the creation of a verified mobile ID on the Airside App. Then, instead of fumbling for your ID and boarding pass, you can present to TSA your mobile ID in the form of a digital encrypted Quick Response (QR) code on the app and look into the camera for a facial biometric scan.
Added bonus: some TSA PreCheck® locations, like Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), will have designated lanes for travelers specifically using their American Airlines Mobile ID on the Airside App.
Where may I use the American Airlines Mobile ID for TSA PreCheck®?
How do I use the American Airlines Mobile ID for TSA PreCheck®?
Be sure to follow the steps 1-2 to setup and create your mobile ID before your trip so it’s ready to present at the TSA checkpoint.
- Set up the app: Download the free Airside App and create your account. Check your device Settings to allow the app access to the camera and NFC reader.
- Power up your phone: Turn on Wi-Fi or data. Make sure the Date & Time settings for your device are set for your current, local time zone, and turn on Bluetooth.
- Find the TSA PreCheck® security checkpoint: Look for signage. Some TSA PreCheck® locations will have designated lanes for travelers using their American Airlines Mobile ID.
- Open the Airside App: Select American Airlines Mobile ID and For use at TSA PreCheck®, then tap Present QR Code. This QR code will expire after two (2) minutes, but you can refresh the QR code when you approach the TSA officer. Likewise, if you keep the app open on the QR code screen, the QR code will automatically refresh every 90 seconds.
- Present your mobile ID: Present your smartphone with the QR code showing face up to the scanner. Note: The feature that increases the brightness level when the QR code is enlarged was implemented to allow the scanner to better read the QR code. The brightness level resets to the previous level once the screen is locked and unlocked again.
- Look at the camera: A camera will take a facial scan to provide a match of your face with the mobile ID you presented on the app. Your biometric and biographic details will be displayed for the TSA officer to approve your entry through the checkpoint.
Why do I need to link my Airside and American Airlines AAdvantage® member accounts?
How do I link my Airside and American Airlines AAdvantage® member accounts?
In the Airside App, you will be prompted one initial time to link and login to your American Airlines account. Make sure your AAdvantage® member number and TSA KTN are saved in your American Airlines member profile as they will be auto-populated into the Airside App for future uses. You may link your AAdvantage account to the Airside App in one of two ways:
Via American Airlines Mobile ID tile
- Tap the American Airlines Mobile ID tile
- Tap For use at TSA PreCheck®
- Tap Continue then I Consent
- Tap Continue then tap Link Now and Continue to access your AAdvantage account
- Enter your AAdvantage® credentials and tap Log In
Via the More section
1. Tap More at the bottom of the screen
2. Tap Linked Accounts, then American Airlines
3. Tap the American Airlines Account toggle button, then tap Continue to confirm
4. Enter your AAdvantage® credentials and tap Log In
Do I need to be connected to WiFi?
Why do I need to refresh the QR code for the TSA PreCheck® service?
If I take a screenshot of my QR code, will it work for TSA PreCheck®?
Why do I have to wait 24 hours before trying to use the TSA PreCheck® service again?
What is a Known Traveler Number (KTN) and where can I find it?
Does Airside have access to other information in my AAdvantage® account?
Am I required to link my Airside and American Airlines AAdvantage® member accounts?
No, you do not have to link to your Airside and American Airlines AAdvantage® accounts. However, TSA requires you link these accounts to use your mobile ID at TSA PreCheck®.
If you choose to link your accounts, you may revoke your shared information and linking settings at any time via the More section in the Airside App.
Admirals Club® Lounge
What is the American Airlines Mobile ID for the Admirals Club®?
This service makes it easy for AAdvantage® members to save time and enter the Admiral’s Club® using only your face.
Your journey starts by creating and sharing your mobile ID with American Airlines via the Airside App. When you arrive at the entrance to the Admiral’s Club® lounge, and instead of fumbling for their boarding pass or ID, simply look into the camera for a facial biometric scan to match against your verified mobile ID on the Airside App.
Where may I use the American Airlines Mobile ID for the Admirals Club®?
How do I use the American Airlines Mobile ID for the Admirals Club®?
- Set up the app: Download the Airside App and create your account. Check your device Settings to allow the app access to the camera and NFC reader.
- Power up your phone: Turn on Wi-Fi or data. Make sure the Date & Time settings for your device are set for your current, local time zone.
- Find the Admirals Club®: Look for signage to use the Airside App for access. The camera on the verification tablet will take your facial scan to provide a biometric match of your face with the ID you enrolled on the app.
Can I access the Admirals Club® lounge without using the Airside App?
Alaska Airlines Mobile Verify Services
What is the Alaska Airlines Mobile Verify service?
The Alaska Airlines Mobile Verify Service makes it easy for U.S. and Canadian passport holders to share their verified passports with Alaska prior to an international trip, then skip the check-in line at the airport.
The Mobile Verify service in the Airside app is one part of Alaska’s initiative to transform the airport experience by helping you get through the lobby in five minutes or less.
Who can use the Alaska Airlines Mobile Verify service?
Guests flying on international flights with Alaska Airlines using U.S. or Canadian passports, aged 13+.
Is my data safe and secure?
Is there any cost to use the Alaska Airlines Mobile Verify service?
Where can I use the Alaska Airlines Mobile Verify service?
See where Alaska Airlines flies internationally here.
When should I use the Alaska Airlines Mobile Verify service?
We suggest you prepare for your booked international flight today from the comfort of your home. Download the Airside app and verify your U.S. or Canadian passport, then share it with Alaska Airlines before you travel.
You only need to enroll your passport once on the Airside app; then, you can reshare it each time.
What documents can I use for the Alaska Airlines Mobile Verify service?
How do I use the Alaska Airlines Mobile Verify service?
Follow these steps before your trip and you’ll be ready to skip the line in the airport lobby.
- Set up the app: Download the free Airside app and create your account. Check your device Settings to allow the app access to the camera and NFC reader.
- Verify your passport: Open the app, select the Services tab, and open Alaska Airlines Mobile Verify. Enroll your U.S. or Canadian passport.
- Submit your trip data: Enter your departure location, departure date, and 6-letter confirmation code.
- Review your shares: You can see a history of how you have shared your passport with Alaska in the past, as well as revoke any active consents.
Where do I find the confirmation code?
Your confirmation code can be found in the email you received from Alaska Airlines after purchasing your international ticket. You can also find it in the Alaska app or by logging into your account on alaskaair.com.
Do I need to be connected to WiFi to use the Alaska Airlines Mobile Verify service?
Does Airside have access to other information in my Alaska Airlines account?
How can I get more information about the Alaska Airlines lobby experience and get support?
You can contact Alaska by visiting their website here: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/about-us/help-contact
Health Pass Service
What is the COVID Vaccination Card service?
Currently available for iOS devices, the vaccination card service allows you to store a digital image of your COVID-19 vaccination record card on the Airside App for easy access, eliminating the need to hunt through photo collections. This allows you to safely present your card to restaurants, offices, hotels, theme parks and/or in other situations where a visual presentation of an image of the vaccination card is acceptable. This service also provides a link between a personal vaccination self-attestation with your source-verified passport and/or driver’s license.
Watch Video Tutorial
Are the uploaded vaccination records verified to guarantee that the information is accurate?
How do you know the vaccine records I uploaded do not belong to someone else?
Airside verifies the identity of the user through biometric matching and ID document verification of passports and driver’s licenses. However, it is up to the individual to self-attest the validity and accuracy of their vaccine record.
Who has access to my vaccination records?
Can I use this vaccination card service to meet international travel entry requirements with American Airlines?
What is the Mobile Passport App by Airside?
From August 2014 to January 2022, the Mobile Passport application by Airside enabled U.S. and Canadian passport holders to submit passport information and answers regarding travel entry to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) on a mobile device.
Airside designed the Mobile Passport App to reduce the associated administrative and operating functions carried out by CBP, increase the quality of inspections, streamline the traveler’s inspection process, and shorten overall entry wait times (as compared to traditional primary processing).
On February 1, 2022, Airside’s Mobile Passport App was discontinued for the use of submitting passport and travel entry information to CBP. Airside would like to thank CBP and the Airports Council International-North America (ACI-NA) for the opportunity to provide millions of travelers with the first app for the Mobile Passport Control (MPC) program. We are excited by the path created for the expanded use of mobile passports and driver’s licenses, such as the American Airlines Mobile ID for TSA PreCheck® and the Alaska Airlines Mobile Verify service, now available on the Airside App.
What was Mobile Passport plus?
What happens to my Mobile Passport plus subscription now?
How do I manage my Mobile Passport plus subscription?
You may determine your subscription status a couple of different ways:
1. Store: The best way to determine and manage your subscription status is by visiting the App Store or Google Play Store. You can also refer to the order receipt email sent to you by the store. It will detail the subscription guidelines and links to how you can review your subscription directly in the store. You will not receive an email from the App Store or Google Play Store if you used the free version of Mobile Passport.
2. Device Settings: You may open your device settings to view and manage your subscription there.
a. iOS: Open device Settings, select [your name], select “iTunes & App Store”, select “Apple ID”, select “View Apple ID”, select “Subscriptions.” If you upgraded to the premium version of Mobile Passport plus, the list of “Options” will show a checkmark next to Mobile Passport plus and a tab directly below to “Cancel Subscription.”
b. Android: Open device Settings and select “Apps.” Mobile Passport will only be listed if you have upgraded to Mobile Passport plus. In this case, select “Mobile Passport” and options to manage your subscription. This will direct you to the Google Play Store where you can manage your subscription.
How can I get a refund of my Mobile Passport plus subscription?
Managing subscriptions in the Apple App Store:
Given our privacy-by-design commitment, Airside does not maintain a central database to store receipt validation, which means we cannot remotely locate or cancel subscriptions. If you upgraded to a Mobile Passport plus subscription prior to February 1, 2022, the Apple App Store will no longer auto-renew or charge your account and initiate payments per the monthly or annual payout schedule.
Some purchases from the App Store may be eligible for a refund. Requests can be initiated using a web browser or by using the Settings app on your iPhone.
How to request a refund using a Web Browser:
- Sign in to reportaproblem.apple.com.
- Tap or click I’d like to, then choose Request a refund.
- Choose the reason why you want a refund, then choose Next.
- Choose the app, subscription, or other item, then choose Submit. If you were charged for a subscription that you no longer want, you can also cancel the subscription.
How to request a refund using the Settings app on your iPhone:
- Open the Settings app, then tap [your name] and Subscriptions.
- Choose the reason why you want a refund, then choose Next.
- Choose the app, subscription, or other item, then choose Submit.
Managing subscriptions in the Google Play Store:
To prevent your current subscription from renewing, cancel the auto-renew feature on your device no later than 24 hours before your next billing date.
Pro-rated refunds are managed by Google and Airside and can be initiated by the one of the following processes:
- On a mobile browser, open play.google.com/store/account, tap Order History, locate Mobile Passport and swipe left. Tap More, then select Request a refund or Report a problem. You may also open your device Settings, select Apps, select Mobile Passport, then select App details in-store.
- Email Airside at [email protected] with your request and include the subscription order number.
Business Solutions Help
Support for companies using our Airside business products.
Airside App Help
Support for individuals using our Airside App.