FAQs for individual using our Airside App.
FAQs for individuals using our Mobile Passport App.
What is the Airside App?
The Airside App is a convenient and private solution to manage your verified digital identity. The application can be used to easily add, store, and share your passport, driver’s license, and COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card. By using the Airside App, you save time while maintaining control of your data.
How do I use the Airside App?
- Download the Airside Digital Identity App for free from the Apple App Store onto a mobile device with ≥14.0 or the Google Play Store onto a mobile device with Android ≥7.0 (API level 24). Android devices must also have NFC capability.
- Open the app and sign up to create an account using your email address. Check your email inbox for a verification code to confirm your account. Your account will be encrypted using TouchID, FaceID, or your device PIN.
- Select the IDs tab to take your selfie, then add and verify your passport and/or driver's license.
- Select the Services tab and determine how you’d like to use your digital ID. Currently, there are two services available in the app: the American Airlines Mobile ID Service for lounge access and the COVID-19 Vaccination Record Service.
- Select the Activities tab to keep track of how your information is shared and revoke access at any time.
How much does the Airside App cost?
Do I have to be connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network to use the app?
What kinds of documents can I add to the app?
Why do I need to take a selfie?
How do I add a passport?
Make sure your passport has not expired and confirm that it has an electronic NFC chip embedded in the cover, which is usually identified by an e-Passport gold square symbol on the front cover, located under the country of origin.
If it doesn’t, you will not be able to enroll your passport on the app.
Next, check your mobile device Settings to allow the app access to the camera and NFC chip reader.
How to add a passport:
- Find a stable, well-lit environment to avoid distortion or glare on the passport.
- Remove any external covers or holders from your passport.
- Open the app and tap the IDs tab from the bottom navigation bar, then select Add ID (iOS) or the + button (Android).
- Select Add Passport.
- Using the camera, align the MRZ (Machine-Readable Zone) code at the bottom of the passport in the drawn field on the app.
- When the code is correctly positioned, the field color will turn green.
- Using the NFC chip reader, place the phone directly on the passport’s electronic chip, which is normally embedded in the front or back cover. In some cases, you may need to open your passport and place your device on the inside of the passport. To read the chip on a U.S. passport, open the back cover and place the phone about 1/3 down from the top. You can move the phone around until it picks up the chip.
- Upon verification, your passport will be successfully enrolled on the app.
How do I add a driver’s license?
Check your mobile device Settings to allow the app access to your camera and make sure your driver's license has not expired.
How to add a driver’s license:
- Find a stable, well-lit environment to avoid distortion or glare on the driver’s license.
- Select the IDs tab from the bottom navigation bar, then select Add ID (iOS) or the + button (Android).
- Select Add Driver's License. Place your driver's license on a flat surface.
- Take a photo of the front, then the back. Then, scroll to save.
- Upon verification, your driver's license will be successfully enrolled on the app.
Why didn’t the app verify my driver’s license?
How can I manage my IDs?
View: To find the IDs you've added to the app, tap the IDs tab. This will provide a list of your enrolled documents, like your passport and/or U.S. driver's license. Tap the individual IDs here to make any edits.
Edit: If your passport or U.S. driver's license has expired, you may delete it from the app and add your new ID. To change your selfie, select the IDs tab, then tap your enrolled selfie. Your camera will open and allow you to take another photo.
Delete: To delete your IDs from the device, open the IDs tab, select the ID, and scroll to the bottom to delete.
NOTE: Deleting your IDs will remove your IDs and revoke any active consents. However, if you uninstall the Airside Digital Identity App, all active consents will expire automatically at their expiration date.
What if I deleted my IDs?
Does the app replace my physical IDs?
No, the Airside Digital Identity App is not a replacement for your physical IDs. The digital version of your passport and driver's license on the app is a convenient and secure companion to your physical document, which can be used to unlock many services requiring ID verification.
What is the document scanner?
What is the NFC chip reader?
When adding a passport to the app, you’ll first use the document scanner to capture your biographic information from the machine-readable zone (MRZ) code located at the bottom of the front page. Then, you’ll use the NFC chip reader to validate that biographic data and compare the biometric photo on your passport to your selfie on the app.
Please note that when using the NFC chip reader, you’ll need to place your device directly on the passport’s microchip, which is normally embedded in the front or back cover. In some cases, you may need to open up your passport and place your device on the inside of the passport. NFC microchips and antennas in passports vary depending on the issuing country. Microchips can also be damaged, making them unreadable by a device.
Can I access my Airside App from separate mobile devices?
Can I use the app for multiple people?
Do I need to be a U.S. citizen to use the app?
Is there an age restriction for using the app?
How do I change my PIN?
What is a share consent?
How exactly is my personal information shared?
Specifically, the consent process allows you to review the following conditions before, during and after the time your information is shared:
- What kinds of identified personal information is shared for the selected service;
- Which organization may access personal info and for what purpose;
- How long your personal info is shared and when it will expire;
- How your personal info is encrypted in storage and throughout transactions; and
- How you may revoke your consent to share.
What happens to my information after the share consent has expired?
Can I renew an expired share consent?
How is the app secure?
Will you tell me more about my data privacy and security?
Specifically, the Airside App uses your Touch ID, Face ID, or device PIN, which are stored on your device keychain. That means you don't need to remember an app-specific PIN or password and that you are the key to unlocking your personal information. After you give consent to share your personal information, it is transported via end-to-end encryption protocols.
Who developed the Airside App?
Airside’s larger privacy network is the first of its kind and keeps privacy-by-design and leading-edge security as its guiding principles for use by individuals and businesses alike. Individuals are empowered by controlling their personal information with transparent consent protocols on their encrypted device, and businesses protect against fraud and ensure a duty-of-care by managing only the information necessary for a variety of experiences. Strong encryption technology using innovative, decentralized architecture keeps information safe, eliminating any source verification database that can be accessed or used by Airside.
Who can I contact for support with the app?
American Airlines Mobile ID Service
What is the American Airlines Mobile ID Service?
Watch Video Tutorial
How do I use the American Airlines Mobile ID service?
- Before your trip: Download the Airside Digital Identity App and add your passport and/or U.S. driver’s license.
- Within 7 days of your departure: Open the app and select Services. Next, select HERE on the tile showing the American Airlines Mobile ID service. Use the drop-down menus to select departure airport, departure date, ID, and AAdvantage member number.
- Before you go to the airport: Pack your phone with the app and your physical ID(s). Power up your phone and turn on Wi-Fi or data. Make sure the Date & Time settings for your device are set for your current, local time zone.
- Once you arrive at the airport: Look for American Airlines signage to use the Airside App for lounge access. The camera on the verification tablet will take a facial scan to provide a biometric match of your face with the official ID you enrolled on the app. Then, you will be granted access to enter.
How long will the airline American Airlines have access to my ID?
Can I access the airline lounge without using the Airside App?
Can I use this service to self-check my luggage at the airport?
Health Pass Service
What is the COVID Vaccination Card service?
Are the uploaded vaccination records verified to guarantee that the information is accurate?
How do you know the vaccine records I uploaded do not belong to someone else?
Who has access to my vaccination records?
Can I use this vaccination card service to meet international travel entry requirements with American Airlines?
Business Solutions Help
Support for companies using our Airside business products.
Airside App Help
Support for individuals using our Airside App.